Physicians, healthcare providers, families, friends and neighbors can make a referral by calling the Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare office at 888.449.4121. Hospice staff will provide information about hospice care and offer an opportunity for the patient and family to discuss their individual needs.
Hospice services are available to persons who:
- Have been informed by their physician that curative procedures are no longer appropriate and a program of pain and symptom control is indicated.
- Understand the hospice philosophy and are agreeable to hospice care.
- Have a physician willing to provide ongoing medical supervision.
- Have an illness with a life limiting prognosis.
- Reside in Holmes, Medina and Wayne counties and surrounding areas.
Caregiving is the responsibility of the patient and family. Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare will work to support patients and caregivers.
Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare is a community-based, not-for-profit provider of hospice care licensed by the State of Ohio and certified by Medicare and Medicaid.
Anyone who meets admission criteria can receive hospice care. Services are covered by:
- Most private insurance
- Managed care plans
- Veteran’s Administration
Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare also receives financial assistance through personal and corporate donations, memorials and fundraising activities. These funds cover the cost of services not covered by other forms of reimbursement.
Hospice services are available to patients without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran’s status, diagnosis or ability to pay.