Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare serves patients wherever they call home. When an individual is in an assisted living or nursing facility, Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare partners with the facility to enhance care and provide the specialized knowledge to ensure comfort and quality of life.
- Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare nurses visit regularly to monitor medications and ensure that patients are comfortable and able to function at the highest level possible. They work with the facility staff to develop a care plan unique to each person.
- Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare personal care specialists are available to assist with activities such as bathing and other personal care, supplementing the care provided by the assisted living or nursing facility.
- Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare social workers and chaplains provide expert specialized support to assist patients and families to navigate this part of life’s journey and promote communication between the facility and the family.
- Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare pharmacists and physicians review a patient’s medications to promote comfort and ability to enjoy life.
- The Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare dietician can make recommendations to promote comfort and quality of life.
- Specialized equipment is provided to increase safety, comfort and independence.
- Volunteers visit to provide companionship, music or pet therapy, brightening the day of each individual.
Your loved one’s assisted living or nursing facility may have a number of hospices available to provide service and not all hospice providers are the same. Be sure to ask for Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare — your local, non-profit hospice.